On the occasion of his Birth Day, Mr Arif Sikder, Executive Director of EC Bangladesh is celebrated by the employees of EC Bangladesh. Today on 12th February 2014, all of the personnel of Head Office premises come together and make a delighting and memorable evening with him. The event incorporated Lunch jamboree, cake cutting, flowering and lot of fun. The staff members wish him a happier and ………. long leading life during the ceremony.
Advocating for and supporting a comprehensive Tobacco Advertising, Promotion and Sponsorship ban in Bangladesh
|Radio Bikrampur 99.2 FM|
Job Description / Responsibility
Graduate/Masters in any discipline.
Additional Job Requirements
Bdjobs.com Online job posting
Send your CV to [email protected]
Interested candidates are requested to apply at the following address:
Daily Manabjamin, December 31, 2012, Page 07
EC Bangladesh is inviting quotations for individual item wise or combined from Suppliers/ Contractures for the following works. The dateline is mentioned in the Advertisement of the Daily Manabjamin on December 31, 2012.
Environment Council Bangladesh (EC Bangladesh) is a National NGO and is working for the improvement of poor and marginal people. EC Bangladesh is currently implementing a project entitled “Promoting and Protecting the Rights of Marginal Fishers” at Gazaria Upazila of Munshiganj District and Sonargaon Upazila of Narayanganj District. EC Bangladesh has a provision to provide some support for the Marginal Fishers.
Task of the Supplier/ Contractures
In close consultation with Project Management Team (PMT) of EC and analyzing project goal, objectives and expected outcomes, assigned Supplier/ Contracture will do the following tasks.
The supplier/ contracture will have to supply 20 tube-wells, pipes and all necessary equipments. Detail tasks will be as follows:
- 20 tube-wells and pipes sit valve and all other relevant materials, tube-wells will be made by any brand company
- Necessary equipments like, pipe, etc. supply
- Transportation of all equipments to the installation location, locations will be fixed by the Program Officer
- Install the tube-wells in the selected locations of Gazaria and Sonargaon Upazila. Average installation will be within 294 feet. Some locations it may require up to 300 feet. The length will be fixed by the Upzazila Engineer and/or Program Officer
- Supply Bricks, Sands, Cements, Iron Rods and necessary goods, transport to the location and making the tube-well ground pacca. The ground will be 7 feet X 5 feet
- Prepare and Set Up a SignBoard of 10 inch X 7 inch with the tube-well body. The text will be supplied by the Program Officer
Lower Well casing = “1½ dia uPVC bailed socket pipe” Wall thickness 2.5.-3.0 mm 15ft. long each” send trap of 38 mm di uPVC pipe of 10 fit with end cap
Per fit Price -24 tk.
Total- 300 x 24 = 7200/-Filter = “Average outside diameter 48.1-48-8 mm”
“Average wall thickness 2.5-30 mm”
“Rib to Rib distance 37.5-38 mm”.
“Length of each filter 3m.”Solvent Cement = “Alteco/cony bond original Japan Mad 100 gram Tube”
Top of side = “38 mm dia MS pipe 3 ft long.
“wall thickness 2.5 -3.0 mm”Pipe Boring = Boring by water jet method or any adequate/easy method to install Deep tube well. As per direction of Engineer in charge (Labour charge cost of materials. carrying charge of materials and equipments to the sites all complete)
Boring cost per fit – 27 tk.
Total cost – 300 x 27 = 8100/=Platform Construction= Platform Construction of size 6 x 7 with 5’ long drain as per standard drawings & design including cost of labours, materials. Net cement finishing, curing and transport all complet as per standard specifications and direction o the project in charge.
Tube well body = “Tube well body with installation”
Carrying/Transportation = Transportation of materials and construction of derrick and dismantling the same, leveling, dressing, cleaning the site after completion f the works as per specification and direction of the project in charge.
Field Office Setup, Furniture:
The supplier/ contracture will have to supply the following items at Sonargaon Project Office. All the goods will be brand item:
- 01 Semi Secretariat Table
- 01 Armed Chair
- 20 Normal Meeting Chair
- 01 Meeting Table for 10 People
- 02 Ceiling Fan (Tongi National or Similar Quality)
- 10 ceramic plate, 15 glass, 10 cup, 10 Small Plate, 01 jug and necessary cookeries, electric and fitting materials within 4000 BDT
School Bag and Books Supply:
The supplier/ contracture will have to supply the following items at Sonargaon and/or Gazaria Project Office and the Chile Education Centers. Location will be fixed by the Program Officer.
- 280 Normal Quality School Bags supply for the age group 06 to 12
- 180 Word book (English to Bengali) and 150 General Knowledge book supply for the age group 06 to 12. The books will be as follows with the quantity specified
My Dictionary, শিশুঘর, বাংলাবাজার Quantity: 100
উদয়, কঁচিমনিদের সাধারন জ্ঞান (৩), বর্ণময় পাবলিকেশন্স Quantity: 100
সহজপড়া বাংলা ব্যকরন ও রচনা, শিশু জগৎ Quantity: 100
My Basic Communicative English Grammar and Composition with Model Question and Answer (III), wkïNi Quantity: 100
Ishmanirchar Jela Para Protection Wall Repairing:
The supplier/ contracture will have to repair the Ishmanirchar Jela Para Protection Wall. The task will be as follows
- Visit to the Area and assess the repairing need, Ishmanirchar is situated at Gazaria Upazila of Munshiganj District
- Repair the Wall supplying and constructing by bricks, sand, cement, mud and necessary goods.
- Specification of bricks, sand, cement, mud and necessary goods:
- Size of Brick= 10″x 5″
- Cement= Scean and Lafarge Surma cement
– Brick Wall= 4×1
- Ratio of cement and sand for this construction will be – Cement : Sand= 1 : 4
- You also need to fill sand. Program Officer and Upazila Administration will guide and follow up the work
- Specific works will be
- Increase the existing wall height for 05 feet. (140 Feet long, 1.8 feet width and 5 feet height). So the wall height after the work will be minimum 7 feet.
- Construct 07 pillars to support the wall. (Pillar diminution will be 5 feet long, 3 feet width and 12.6 feet height)
- The surrounding inner side of the wall will be filled by sands where necessary. (Approximate dimension will be length 140 feet, width 60 feet and height 9 feet, but it may not be equal for all the places)
EC Bangladesh reserves the right to add, delete or change any condition or item any time. For more information you can contact with Program Officer, Mr. Monir Hossain. Cell: 01678701456
House-67, Block-Ka, PiciCultute Housing Society
Shyamoli, Dhaka 1207
E-Mail: [email protected]
Looking for Dynamic Development Professional for Tobacco Control Program
Environment Council Bangladesh (EC Bangladesh), a national development organization is working in Bangladesh since 1998 with over one million people, their families and communities at the grass root to national level in microfinance, human rights, governance, health, education, water and sanitation, income generation, environment, children, cross cultural communication etc. EC Bangladesh is inviting applications from qualified, dynamic development professionals for the following position to implement upcoming Tobacco Control Program funded by Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids:
Positions – 01, Salary tk 35000-50000/-
- Assist to consultant in Investigate document and different forms of ongoing advertisement, promotion, and sponsorship of tobacco in Bangladesh to make a case for the need of a comprehensive TAPS ban.
- Convene a number of task force and mobile court members, and tobacco control advocates to discuss current challenges pertaining to TAPS and derive key messages for advocacy.
- Develop communication materials for policy makers and for other stakeholders
- Participation in the BI grantee meetings for coordination of efforts.
- Participation in lobbying meetings of partners for coordinated demands for an FCTC compliant law.
- Engagement through group and one on one meeting with non-tradition tobacco control allies to ensure support for a comprehensive amendment to the tobacco control law and for its effective implementation.
- Develop key messages for policy makers, stakeholders and the public.
- Conduct a TV talk show on the need for a comprehensive TAPS ban within the amended law.
- Engage influential opinion makers, leaders to make statements in print and electronic media on the need for a comprehensive TAPS ban.
- Mobilize youth/children the most affected and vulnerable population to TAPS to speak out for the need of a comprehensive TAPS ban.
- Provide timely comments to the drafting committee, and other relevant bodies in coordination with TFK.
- Monitor the process through meeting with concerned officials.
- Workshop with a core tobacco control group for preliminary mapping to identify key stakeholders.
- Roundtable discussion with all identified stakeholders for elaborating the mapping with specific roles of different stakeholders
- Preliminary mapping using available information and research on existing realities and challenges of implementation of TAPS ban.
- Improving the preliminary mapping by sharing with and collecting comments from the tobacco control groups.
- Organizing jointly with NTCC a workshop with the National Tobacco Control Taskforce to develop a framework for stronger implementation of TAPS ban.
- Organizing workshop for BI grantees to discuss the framework and to develop a mechanism of monitoring implementation of TAPS ban.
- Organizing jointly with regional BI grantees 7 divisional workshop to share the implementation framework and sensitize relevant stakeholders (including local governments and NGOs) in each division for strengthening TAPS ban.
- Develop TAPS ban related audio materials for ECB community radio and advocating with national authorities for broadcasting through other media.
- Broadcasting TAPS ban related audio materials in ECB community radio and through other media
- Using social media for sharing messages and materials related to TAPS ban.
- Preparing a final document of the framework for implementation of TAPS ban on the basis of all the activities described above.
- Sharing the finalized framework with relevant stakeholders and media through a national level workshop.
The applicant should have Honors and Masters from a reputed university in Development Studies, Sociology, Public Relations, Journalism, Urban and Rural Planning, Law or other relevant subjects. The applicant should also have minimum 8-10 years development organization experiences in relevant fields.
Base Station for all of the position is Dhaka. Each position will enjoy festival bonus, yearly increment and other benefits as per project guideline. The applicant who have Tobacco related project working experience would be prioritized. Interested candidate are requested to send their application to the following e-mail id or address no later than January 03, 2013. Application should be submitted using the specific format included bellow. Please mention the Post Title in the subject line of the E-Mail or the top of the envelop. EC Bangladesh is a smoke free organization. Smokers need not to apply.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Address: Executive Director, EC Bangladesh, House – 67, Block – Ka, PiciCulture Housing Society, Shyamoli, Dhaka – 1207
The Application Format can be downloaded from THIS LINK.
Environment Council Bangladesh is a national development organization is currently working to change the lives of disadvantaged and marginal poor. EC Bangladesh is currently implementing a project entitled “Promoting and Protecting the Rights of Marginal Fishers” at Gazaria Upazila of Munshiganj district and Sonargaon Upazila of Narayanganj district supported by Manusher Jonno Foundation. EC Bangladesh is inviting sealed quotations from experienced Training Institutes/ Firms for conducting four batches IGA Training for the Marginal Fishers to increase the family income. The details are as follows:
10 Days Training on IGA (25 Persons x 2 Batch)
Trade: (01) Cage Culture fishing for the Male Fishermen and (02) Duck Farming for the Female members of the Fishermen Households.
20 Days vocational Training for non school going children of fishermen (15 x 2 batch)
Trade: (01) Wielding (02) Spray Painting for the non-school going children of fishermen families.
Training Firm/Institute Requirements:
- More than 02 years of relevant experience.
- Willing to conduct the training in the project location at Gazaria and Sonargaon
- Willing to pay, arrange and conduct training, food supply, training materials supply, banner & handout supply, trainers’ honorarium and IGA Materials supply to the trainees after conducting training (Materials will be supplied as 05 Sets for Cage Culture, 05 Sets for Weilding, 05 Sets for Spray Painting and 25 Sets for Duck Farming).
- Firm will be responsible for all the goods transportation cost and transportation costs
- They should be ready for make visit for practical experience
- Training firm will make linkage with the market with the trainees
Please send your sealed quotation within 07 days of publication of the paper advertisement to
Finance and Admin
PiciCulture Housing Society
Shyamoli, Dhaka – 1207
Project Description Sheet (PDS)
|Assignment Name: Child Parliament: Listen to Children’s Voice Project||Approx. Value of the Contract (in current Us$ or Euro):US$ 39,009|
|Location: BangladeshLocation within Country:Munshiganj district||Duration of assignment (months): 65|
|Name of Client:Save the ChildrenAustralia||Total No. of person-months of the assignment: 65
|Address: Save The Children, House # 3/1, Road # 8, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1205||
Approx. value of the services provided by your firm under the contract (in current US$ or Euro):
|Start Date (Month/Year): July 2005Completion Date (Month/Year): December 2010||No. of professional staff-months provided by associated: N/A|
|Name of Associated Consultants, If Any: N/A||
Name of the senior Processional Staff of your firm involved and functions performed (indicate most significant profiles such as project Director/Coordinator, Team Leader):
|Narrative Description of Project:The project is a unique forum for children’s voices to be heard in Munshiganj. Major activities of this project are formulation of district level National Children Task Force (NCTF) and publication of quarterly newsletter titled “KochiMukh” highlighting child-right issues, poem, story, essay, jokes, individual and collective success stories of children etc.|
|Description of Actual Services Provided By Your Staff within The Assignment:The Major Services Included are As Follows:
Promoting education for the children and helping the poor students is one of the major concerns of the project. From the commencement of the project till now 5000 students have come under this program.
No direct primary health services are under the program. But the children are provided with learning some first aid tips to protect and take initiatives by themselves during injury.
To develop and exploring the latent intellectuality of the children there is scope of psycho-social counseling at two stages. These are direct psycho-social counseling with the children and psycho-social counseling with the guardians of the students. This effort helps student get developed psychologically. Thus self confidence gradually increases among them.
All the concerned national days are observed under this program to promote the students to take part in various socio-cultural events. There are also options for arranging cultural as well as other events.
There is vast scope of family and community reintegration through arranging different cultural functions, events as well as observing various days like Parent’s Day. All the guardians of the students get together these days. These affairs promote both guardians and the students to continue with continuing study.
Under this project EC Bangladesh is growing network for expanding opportunities for the children so that they might be heard at every corner. The expanding network will connect the children to the wide variety of events and activities to take part.
Listen to children’s voice is the prime concern of the program where all children are equally entitled to raise their voice towards ensuring their rights. EC Bangladesh is currently working with the district level and upazila level government organizations as a part of advocacy which will enable to establish child-rights in the concerned project.
Post Literacy & Continuing Education for Human Development Project-1 (PLCEHD-1) Contract Package S4.1 & S5.1
Project Description Sheet (PDS)
Post Literacy & Continuing Education for Human Development Project-1 (PLCEHD-1) Contract Package S4.2
Project Description Sheet (PDS)
Post Literacy & Continuing Education for Human Development Project-1 (PLCEHD-1) Contract Package S4.2
|Approx. Value of the Contract (in current Us$ or Euro):
|Location within Country:
Kahalu upazila of Bogra District
|Duration of assignment (months): 10|
|Name of Client: MOPME & World Bank||Total No. of Staff-months of the assignment: 50|
BNFE Bhaban, 232/1, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh
|Approx. value of the services provided by your firm under the contract (in current US$ or Euro):
|Start Date (Month/Year): August 2003
Completion Date (Month/Year): May 2004
|No. of professional person-months provided by the joint venture partners or sub-consultants: N/A|
|Name of venture partner or Sub-Consultants, if any: N/A||Name of the senior Processional Staff of your firm involved and functions performed (indicate most significant profiles such as project Director/Coordinator, Team Leader):
|Narrative Description of Project:
The project ‘Monitoring of Post Literacy and Continuing Education Project-1’ has been implemented in Kahalu upazila of Bogra District from August, 2003 to May 2004 under the Bureau of Non-Formal Education, Ministry of Primary and Mass Education of Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh. The project was implemented to monitor the activities of the implementing NGOs of PLCEHD project in the project area of Kahalu upazila of Bogra district. To provide literacy to DNFE Graduate among 2470 adolescent; 1965 adult women; and 1642 adult men. This Project was dreamed to give a new shape to this community so that they can read and write that can change their lives.
|Description of actual services provided in the assignment:
The major services Included in this project are as follows:
The project professionals selected knowledgeable teachers and monitoring officers to identify the actually defined illiterate, adolescent and adult women in order to identify the target group in the project area. They have screen out the illiterate people.
The professionals involved herein were responsible to disburse adequate knowledge on general issue such as: literacy, education, early marriage, income generating activities etc.
Preparation of Manual, Curriculum on education, arranging meeting among different social groups were the integral part of the project. The training also incorporates other general knowledge on Health and Nutrition as well as other social issues.
In order to better and smooth implementation of the project activities and to reach the goal and objectives of the project EC Bangladesh has developed a strong monitoring and evaluation system.
EC Bangladesh was responsible to provide monitoring and evaluation reports according to the agreement as well as need base reports to the BNFE representatives as they required.